New trial: November 2015
PrepSTEP™ is a dynamic online platform that can change the lives of students through academic success and Preparation for today’s workplace. It is packed with powerful skill-building resources in English, math, and science—for use in self-directed study or as supplemental materials for developmental programs. Students can also build workplace skills, explore careers, prepare for occupational licensing exams, build basic computer skills, and more.
To begin using the site, please follow these steps:
1. Click this link: www.prepstep.com/2-year
2. Sign in to your trial account using the following User Name and Password that I've set up for you:
User Name: firstname.lastname@example.org
All About Databases!
Databases contain articles from magazines, newspapers and journals in addition to electronic reference material. The Library provides access to over 50 databases that cover general topics as well as many subject specific ones.
What is the basic definition of a library database?
- A library database is an electronic (online) catalog or index
- Library databases contain information about published items
- Library databases are searchable
- The library subscribes to many databases so the CCC community has access to these resources. When you're searching a database, you are not searching "the web."
What types of items are indexed by library databases?
Library databases allow you to find:
- Articles in Journals/Magazines/Newspapers
- Reference Information (i.e. entries from Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, etc.)
- Books & other documents
Our databases are funded by many sources including SUNYConnect, SCRLC and NOVELNY.
The subscription databases are restricted to CCC students and faculty who can access them through the portal, MyCCC. Visitors may use the databases on site with the assistance of a librarian.
Some of the databases are accessible to those with valid New York State driver's licenses or through local public libraries with a valid library card. Visit New York Online Virtual Electronic Library (NOVELNY) for more information.
Ask A Librarian
Feel free to contact a librarian by
or visit us in the library
7:30 am - 8:00 pm Monday - Thursday
7:30 am - 4:00 pm Friday
2:00 pm - 6:00 pm Sunday (No Sunday hours if no Monday classes)
Breaks, Summer / Winter Hours:
8:00 am - 4:00 pm Monday - Friday (June and July)
8:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday - Thursday
8:00 am - 4:00 pm Friday